Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

God Does Facebook


He does. 
And He also likes to drop random perfect nuggets of wisdom and encouragement exactly when we need them.

I remember the first time I got one... God dropped it right into my little pink 4th grade purse. 

This is what it looked like!


I was super nervous about going to a mixed music class where 5th and 6th graders would be. It was my first day at a new school, I was nine years old and I was also a new christian. So before I had to go to this scary class we had a bathroom break and I took my little pink purse with me. With no idea how to handle the trepidation I was feeling (read: total freak out) ..I pulled out my Little Tiny Bible.

And right there in the bathroom stall, God said to me...

 "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God is with you."
1 Chronicles 28:20 
 
I felt so encouraged in that moment. Taking a deep breath, I put my Little Bible back into my little pink purse and walked out ready for the scary class with all the big kids. School was work and God said not to be afraid. So there you go.







Today I had a much needed venting session with a couple of very amazing ladies. Recently-ish... I have been struggling with some relationships and the way they have developed, or not developed. I'd been worrying about how I, as a christian and a friend, had handled things and how I should go forward. Should I push, should I pull, should I cut ties? Am I meant to be a leader for some or has my part in their paths come to an end? And in the midst of all the turmoil, I had seemed to lose myself just a little... like... my confidence took some hits, and maybe I was second guessing myself too much. My God used those amazing ladies to help me see those things and that I was worrying too much and that while I felt like I couldn't handle the situations at hand, HE could

He doesn't stop there though... when I get home He Facebook's me... more than once. And it's not the first time He's given me a nudge through Facebook.

I clicked "like" on The Bible in Facebook a long time ago. So there are verses all over my wall every day. I try to read every verse that I see while I'm logged in. There's a reason, even when we don't understand or realize it, that those verses are in our faces when they are. 
And I kid you not... the very first verse I see posted from The Bible was this:

Philippians 4:6 Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God.

PERFECT! 

And then I scroll down through my news feed...more God Nuggets! 

 
"So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest." Galatians 6:9

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" 1 Peter 3:9

Psalm 119:32 "I am eager to learn all that you want me to do; help me to understand more and more."


I think... that I have been trying too hard to control where my friendships go..that I have been worrying too much about how to be an example, about how to teach and do His work....and do these things on my own terms. But I am not supposed to do them on my terms.
I am supposed to work according to God's terms. 

He can handle it. 

And he reminded me today on Facebook. 

Related


~

Today's Project 365 is a photo of the inside cover of my childhood Bible.

I was eight years old when I wrote this. 


post signature