Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peaceful Jungle

Again, I was presented with a hard decision when choosing a photo for today's Project 365. Thursday was our long day while Dad was here. We did the North Shore drive, stopped through the Dole Plantation ONLY for the Dole Whips, none of that touristy stuff...hehe... ate lunch in Haleiwa-after we grieved the two unfortunate pigeons that took their own lives under the wheels of my truck!, hiked down Waimea Valley and swam under the waterfall, enjoyed early evening at Bellows Beach, admired a beautiful old and abandoned Loi pond, and stood in awe at the views from Pu'u O Mahuka Heiau. I got snap-happy again during our hike (O.K. I got snap-happy all day!) and took a couple hundred photos with my phone. Is it sad that my phone takes better shots than my regular cameras? Ha!
I have decided on this image of my father and daughter walking through Waimea Valley. He is such a wonderful Papa. My girls adore him. The scenery and their stances in the photo are so picturesque...I think.
I will blog about Waimea Valley and other North Shore things with many photos of course... So if you'd like to know and see more, just click that link. ;)

 

post signature