Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Home is where the Military Sends Us


Separation is so hard. We're apart again. Only for 4 months. But it's still so tough. The kids miss their Daddy, I miss my Husband/comfort/best friend/relief/release/LOVER...
We've opted to stay with family during this time. I've never done that before. I've never been the military spouse that goes home to their parents when their husband leaves. But it just really turned out to be the best option for us. It's going to be trying and most likely stressful. But I've made up my mind to make the best of it and take everything in stride. We haven't seen most our family for 2 years. How horrible to say out loud. So they're all super excited to see us. Everyone wants to get some time in. I know that will die down eventually.
Mostly, our routines are completely changed. Sitting around is absolutely different in your own home, as compared to in someone elses. Cleaning habits are different... the kitchen!!! is not "right"....

A positive... my family will distract me from remembering every second of every day that I'm uprooted.
And there really are so many more....