Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Chameleon Lady Bug

Project 365

I once read that when Ladybugs emerge from their week long cocoon stage, their color is often a faint yellow or gray... and that a few hours basking in the sun will bring out their true & glorious colors. She could be destined to live in shades of blue, green, red, orange... the list goes on.
Makes me wonder about this Little Lady.
Had she ever met the sun?

There are over 5,000 species and variations of this beloved little beetle around the globe. When you think about it, that's quite a large variety for just one type of insect. How do you even begin to differentiate between them all?

The same could be said for us people. There are so many, many variations, colors, races, talents, abilities out there... how are we supposed to find our place in the world? How are we supposed to harness our true color?

I know the answer.

Submit to Grace.
Bask in the SON.

Like a ladybug, who receives her vibrant coat after time with the sun, we blossom and shine when we let the Son into our lives. I whole-heartedly believe that we cannot be truly and completely fulfilled with out Jesus. 

The amount of peace and joy that I feel when I am syncing up with The Lord is unending. 

His guidance and grace bring out the best in me. I am encouraged and empowered by His faithfulness. 

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. ~Philippians 4:13

  I have had people ask me how I know God is real... how I can so blindly believe...
The answer is faith.

If I know nothing else, I know and feel and live and breath this faith. 
I know that God is truth and that Jesus is the Savior... more than I know anything else. 
There is nothing evil, false or deceiving about God. 
I feel only peace and joy and love in The Lord. 
Patience.
Calmness.
Strength.
Guidance.

All else fades before Him.


 
Break Out.

I think this little grey lady bug got her coloring because she was just fitting into her surroundings, and not assuming her full potential. She was being a chameleon to her environment. Had she ever truly met the sun and embraced the light, she may have soared with golden wings. 

Luckily for her, she is a beetle. And being grey is what she was probably meant to be. 
But we are not beetles.

Don't be a chameleon.

Let the Son shine on you! 

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

 





post signature